Personalized Attention With An Eye For The Details
Peter A. Maduabum, Esq.
Mr. Maduabum is a diligent and proven practitioner in the areas of Criminal Law, Immigration, Family Law, Commercial Transactions and Civil Matters. His practice includes International Due Diligence for corporate and individual clients. Representation experience spans the areas of Commercial Acquisitions and Contract Review and Negotiations involving ICSG instruments.
Prior to the founding of the MADUABUM LAW FIRM, LLC, he was a founding member and Managing Partner of Cobos Ellington Maduabum & McKenzie, LLC, having merged the new firm with his former Wall Street private Law Practice – Maduabum Law Firm, PC.
Mr. Maduabum has received many awards for his philanthropy and serves as Legal Counsel, pro bono, for National Non-Profit organizations. He also sits on the board of various corporations – Domestic and International.
A graduate of Seton Hall University School of Law School, Mr. Maduabum also holds two Certificates in International Commercial Arbitrations (AADR) and Capital Market Development and Regulation (CMDR) from the UNITED NATIONS Institute for Training and Research, Geneva, Switzerland.
- Seton Hall University School of Law, Newark, New Jersey
- J.D. - 2003
- Roosevelt University’s Walter Heller Business College, Chicago, Illinois
- B.S. and B.A. - 1984
- Major: Business Administration, Legal Studies
- Legal Counsel to Non Profit Educational Foundation, 2005 to 2021
- Managing Partner, Cobos Ellington Maduabum & McKenzie, LLC
- Pidgin Spanish
- International Due Diligence-Africa & Caribbean
- Essex County Bar Association, Member, Present
- New Jersey Bar Association, Member, Present
- Association of Nigerian Lawyers in America, Trustee, Present
Current Employment Position
- Principal Counsel
- New York, 2004
- New Jersey, 2007
- U.S. Court of International Trade, 2007
- U.S. District Court District of New Jersey
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court Southern District of New York
- Criminal Defense 20%
- Immigration 40%
- Family Law 15%
- Commercial Transactions 15%
- Personal Injury 10%